Paranormal Romance: a sub-genre that focuses on romance and includes elements beyond the range of scientific explanation, blending together themes from the genres of traditional fantasy, science fiction, or horror. Common hallmarks are romantic relationships between humans and vampires, shape shifters, ghosts, and other entities of a fantastic or otherworldly nature and can also include characters with psychic abilities.

Addict: (v) to habituate or abandon oneself to something compulsively or obsessively (see above)

Sunday, January 30, 2011

Top 5 Sundays – Books You Loved & Was Surprised by it!

top 5 sundays image 2011 simpler
Hosted by Larissa at Larissa's Bookish Life

This week's top 5 is Books You Loved & Was Surprised by it!
In absolutely no order dears



1. Twilight by by Stephenie Meyer
Yes, everyone from here to the moon was raving about it and it took a year after the movie came out before I read it; then I stayed up a week straight, going on only 2-3 hours of sleep a night reading the series then promptly re-reading it. 





2. Dead Girls Are Easy by Terri Garey
This is one of those books where I went off the cover for a long time. The cover wasn't visually appealing to me so I had no interest in reading the book. But I devoured the entire series when I finally picked it up! 







3. Jane and the Damned by Janet Mullany
I am not a huge reader of the classics but I won this novel and loved the paranormal twist to Jane Austen!










4. The Iron Duke by Meljean Brook
I saw this book making the blogging rounds but was a little weary of steampunk, but I am so glad I took the dive into it as it was my favorite read in 2010. 








5. Song of Scarabaeus by Sara Creasy
I am not much into sci-fi but this one really surprised me, I loved the characters and plot. 





No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...